After reading the comment from the sweet Julieth (from the must-see blog Glamourattic) saying she nominated me for the LIEBSTER AWARD I felt so happy, privileged and proud!
I haven't been blogging for a long time - it's actually been a few days - but I've wanted to start my own blog for quite a long time but I was afraid I wasn't good enough and didn't have enough to say. When I read Julieth's comment I felt very proud because I knew that my blog had started "spreading" and attracting readers, which meant that I was actually doing something that could get people's attention, dedication and time.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I think it's a very sweet idea to show your support for blogs you like and to promote them.
The 5 RULES
- Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
My answers to Julieth's questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? I would go to the USA and do a coast-to-coast trip, visiting the major cities of both coasts and of the central states.
2. Favourite designer or brand? Oh well, this is a very difficult question for me because being a fashion design student I've been studying old and new brands quite well and I can't really say which one I prefer the most. I have to say though that Balenciaga (old and new, with the amazing Alexander Wang) has been my favourite among the favourites for a while now.
3. Beauty product you can’t live without. Apart from my moisturizing cream, I would probably say my liquid and gel eyeliner :)
4. What is your favorite season of the year? It used to be summer, but I have to admit now that my new favourite season is Autumn: I love that it's not too hot and not too cold, you can wear both summer clothes and winter clothes (layering up cardigans etc.), you can drink hot tea and chocolate and the colourful leaves make me so happy!
5. Three favorite online shopping websites. Definitely Urban Outfitters website (there are some online exclusive products ;D), Asos and Ebay (mostly for my home accessories and books).
6. Link and/or photo of a handbag that you are currently coveting.
Valentino Rockstud flap bag.
7. What’s your all-time favorite movie? I have many favourites, it's so difficult to choose just one! I totally love Dead Poets' Society, and I adore Gone with the Wind too. I also like Forrest Gump, Chocolat, Cadillac Records and Sixteen Candles.
8. What is your favorite candy? Uhm.. I don't really love candies, I love chocolate much more, but I have a thing for strawberry candy strips.
9. A must have in your closet. Probably my high waisted jeans for the winter and high waisted (vintage) Levi's shorts for the good weather.
10. What makes you laugh out loud? Old memories of funny moments with my friends.
The blogs I am nominating..
Here are my questions for the lucky bloggers:
- Who would you say is your style icon?
- Describe yourself in 5 adjectives.
- Which designer inspires you the most?
- When you open your beauty case, what are the first three things in it?
- Which are the top 10 cities to visit on your list?
- Who's your favourite movie character?
- What's your favourite book and would you recommend it?
- If you could be an animal which one would you choose and why?
- Do you have any tattoos? If yes, which ones?
- What trend do you think will be more popular for the A/W 2014 season?